Monday, December 26, 2005

Austin Bay Blog: "I’ve had family and friends ask me why I volunteered. While the money is good, that’s not the reason. What is it that makes a policeman continue to work a dangerous neighborhood for insufficient pay, while some criminals drive expensive cars and have lots of cash on hand? What makes a farmer continue to hold onto family land, even though he barely breaks even? What is it that makes a volunteer fireman go into a burning house, for no pay, to try to salvage the possessions of a total stranger? It’s faith. It’s faith in your purpose for being on this earth. It’s faith that things will work out the way they are supposed to. It’s faith that what you are doing is right. How can participating in the liberation of millions be wrong? I have faith in this mission and these soldiers. That’s why I’m here."

Good vs. Evil / Right vs. Wrong. Faith and belief vs ... mass consumerism.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home